IBM Sametime 9 incorporates a software-based video Multipoint Control Unit MCU, which allows for continuous video without the use of third-party technology, such as those offered by Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, and LifeSize. IBM Sametime 9 will have parity with Microsoft Lync 2013 so customers can seamlessly move between active speaker and continuous video. What does this mean for customers who already invested in video endpoints or a third-party MCU? Is there still a role for your partner MCU with IBM Sametime 9?
The purpose of this guide is to help you troubleshoot an IBM Sametime Unified Telephony (SUT) Lite Client deployment. It includes information on how to diagnose common problems, starting with product activation and continuing through making and receiving calls.
Sametime Video and Sametime Unified Telephony (SUT) are constantly evolving with many innovations just around the corner! Join David Price, eminent Social Business Practice Manager at Meridian IT as he interviews John Del Pizzo, IBM’s WW Social Communications Program Director and Head of Product Management, as they discuss successful Sametime Video deployments in 2012. Gain insights into what Social Business UC Video trends are happening in 2013 and beyond. Hear John speak to high level Video technology plans slated for 2013, including Roadmap direction, IBM Connections integration, features / functions, success stories and more.
David and John will detail the Key Areas to focus in on and offer Best practices that IBM customers use to ensure ROI from their Social Business Sametime Video and Mobility deployments.
via LotusUserGroup.org —.
This document contains the detailed system requirements for IBM® Sametime® Unified Telephony 8.5.2
Similar information for Sametime products is located in the following system requirement documents.
Join Lotus product managers Rob Ingram and Kathleen Cooke for a brief, but information-packed 30 minute webcast on what’s new in IBM Lotus® Sametime® 8.5.1 and IBM Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony 8.5.1 software.
* Come see what the 8.5.1 release looks like on the Mac 10.6, Linux, and other popular desktop and mobile device environments.
* Discover how the new Sametime Unified Telephony 8.5.1 release provides support for additional client platforms and simplifies client deployment.
* See how to reduce calling costs with softphone, call management, and aggregated presence awareness.
* Get a peek at what a real consistent user communications experience looks like with a demonstration of telephony presence, incoming call management, click-to-call, click-to-conference, and softphone capability
* Learn how to activate telephony features via administrator policies
via LotusUserGroup.org —.
Sametime 8.5.1 Announcement Letter