IBM Lotus® Sametime® Standard 8.0 software, the entitlement path for current Lotus Sametime customers, offers continuing enhancements to the award-winning Lotus Sametime real-time and unified communications and collaboration platform. The Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0 release expands on the existing instant messaging, Web conferencing, VoIP, point-to-point video, mobile clients, external IM gateway, and extensible client with additional platform support and enhancements to the end-user experience, administration, and performance.
New in Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0 software:
* Support for IBM Lotus Domino® 8
* Support for running a Lotus Sametime server in a VMWare environment
* Application sharing from IBM AIX® and Sun Solaris clients
* Sametime Mobile support for Nokia E-series, Sony Ericsson, Microsoft® Windows® Mobile 6 devices updated
* Support for point-to-point video for Macintosh clients
* Support for integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook 2007
* Serviceability, network stability, and installation improvements for Lotus Sametime Gateway
* Performance improvements in client startup and server multiplexers (MUX)
* Concurrent user license monitoring enhancements
Lotus Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server 8.0 software offers clustering and failover capabilities for high-reliability Web conferences, and supports Lotus Sametime 8.0 deployments.
via IBM Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0 and IBM Lotus Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server 8.0 deliver contin.